Content-The Three Real Magic Megamoneymakers…Part 4
Although content refers to everything on your site…design, graphics, banners, audio and video…in common usage it usually refers to the written material of your site, your articles and posts. That is what we are going to talk about now, and it’s mostly about search engines and how to make them your friends.
What search engines don’t ‘see’:
* They don’t see images
* They don’t see videos
* They don’t hear audios
Therefore, search engine optimization (SEO) is more dependent on your written content than on any other element of your site, including backlinks. It also offers the best opportunity to build traffic:
* It gives you more exposure, which means more traffic opportunity.
* It is evergreen, once written and published, it’s always out there working.
* It has multiple uses…can be converted to ebooks, tutorials, etc.
* It gives you more bang for your buck: your best SEO opportunity, your best (targeted) list building tool, helps create quality backlinks, and provides the information your visitors came for.
* It makes the best use of your keywords.
* It is the main source of your page ranking.
* You’ve heard it before – content IS king.
Considering all of these factors, it becomes clear that the more writing you do…both article writing and posting to your blog or website… the more opportunities you create for the search engines to find you. It also becomes clear that you MUST write (or have someone else do it for you), even though you might hate doing it. Here’s the easy way:
* Be sure you have something to say.
* Fulfill the promise of your title, and stay on topic .
* Be concise; make your article or post as short as possible.
* Write informally – as though you were talking to a friend.
* Use your keywords judiciously – no ‘keyword stuffing.’
* Be meticulous about good grammar, correct spelling, and correct punctuation.
Your visitors came for information; give it to them.
The business of search engines is to find what the searchers say they want; make sure they find it on YOUR site.